Thursday, September 20, 2012

Blog #4


The City at Night. I choose this because often times taking pictures at night can be hard to do because small lighting can cast shadows over things that make up the scene, however in this photo, the street lights and building lights work together to make an easily identifiable scene. It’s taken from an angle near the edge of a building so I go t the feeling that was walking into the scene and stopped to admire city that illuminates a darken sky.


Mountain Landscape. I am a sucker for the natural world. I think it’s beautifully fascinating with it’s rich greens, glorious blues, fluffy whites, etc.  In this photo the photographer obviously used the lighting from the sun to capture this mountainous scene. It’s taken at an angle on a hill near a cottage like home and the position allows the photographer to look down and across the magnificent landscape that takes my breath away. Glorious! I wonder if he or she used some type of filter to make the colors so vivid or some kind of editing once the pictures were developed or uploaded. Whatever the method, this happens to be one of my favorite pictures thus far. It makes me want to go there, sit on top of the hill and watch the day turn into night.



The Tree.  My next photography is a picture of a tree with a falling sun shining through the branches and leaves. If you haven’t notice yet, I’m choosing this geological collection of pictures to analyze but anyway, I like this picture because of the timing. It seems like dusk is approaching and the photographer either planned this or it just happened but everything works.  He or see also used the sun to light the photo and this light has brownish glow about it as the rays with different shades running down each, create lines of light piercing the holes in the tree. It is almost magical the way it makes the tree turn into a shadow that is manipulated by the glares around it. I love it. I think about the Lion King for some strange reason even though this tree is nothing like the African ones drawn in the film! 



No comments:

Post a Comment